At Aspen Mesh, we’re a small, fast-growing team that’s building a cutting-edge solution to help organizations manage their microservices at scale. We work with a wide range of Cloud Native technologies, from Helm and Kubernetes to Envoy and Istio, to solve real-world problems. If you’re looking to work with a fun, motivated team who’s focused on building a solution that’s used by the most innovative organizations, we have a role for you.
Aspen Mesh is looking for a Technical Product Engineer to be part of our customer success team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring an amazing experience for our customers by addressing and resolving their questions on all things service mesh.
As our first dedicated Product support engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with business and technical leadership to refine and optimize our support approach as you execute every day. You’ll need a diverse skill set, from curiosity and critical thinking to customer empathy and the desire to solve new and meaningful problems.
We offer a collaborative, early stage environment with the opportunity to build a new business from the ground up.
- Take ownership of reported customer issues and see problems through to resolution
- Understand the customer’s Aspen Mesh and Kubernetes configuration
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and recommend solutions to resolve issues
- Follow procedures to call out unresolved issues to the appropriate internal engineering teams
- Learn from each interaction to identify patterns across customers
- Create user documentation to help answer common customer questions
- Keep the account team in the loop on customer challenges, successes, and upsell opportunities
- Keep current on Istio and Kubernetes trends
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Desire to help cutting-edge enterprises succeed with service mesh
- Sense of curiosity and strong problem solving skills
- Desire to keep pace with Cloud Native technologies
- Excellent communication and customer support skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to attend customer meetings, trade shows, conferences or other activities that business may requir
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of equivalent related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree
- 5+ years in a technical support role
- Experience with Containers, Kubernetes, Istio, or related technologies
- Experience with templating and scripting using YAML, Helm, Go, shell, or related technologies
- Experience with cloud and CNCF technologies, such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Jaeger, Prometheus, or related technologies
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.